Are you, or someone you know, experiencing trouble with transportation? Across Colorado, hundreds of thousands of people have missed out on health care due to lack of transportation. Well, that doesn’t need to happen in Baca County! Residents of Walsh, Vilas, Springfield, and Campo can call the Senior Bus to schedule transportation right from their home to the bank, supermarket, doctor’s office, or other destination. Need to do some holiday shopping? Make a call and get on the Bus!
The county established the service to ensure that seniors and people with disabilities can make the trips essential for daily living. Check out The Senior Bus for all the details about schedules and rules and regulations. You can also find all the details in The Senior Bus Brochure.
Fast Facts: What you need to know about The Senior Bus
- The Senior Bus will pick-up at your home
- Service is curb-to-curb – drivers are NOT permitted to enter homes
- Primarily designed for seniors and those with disabilities, but is available to the general public
- Available 5 days per week from 9 am to 3:30 pm
- FREE, but a donation of $2 to $3 is highly appreciated
- Only operates within Baca County, CO
- Call 719-523-6532 to get on the schedule or to contact Pat Smith for more information
So, don’t be stuck at home! Whether you need help getting to the basics or just want to socialize (safely, of course), transportation is key. Baca County’s Senior Bus is here for you. Be one of the smart citizens taking thousands of trips each year = just call The Senior Bus.